Sunday, May 5, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook



     Silver Linings Playbook received massive notoriety during this past awards season due to the wonderful performance of Jennifer Lawrence. While the credit that she received for this role was well deserved the shock for me was how good the story was and how Bradley Copper just did a truly remarkable job. This was probably the best role that Bradley Cooper has ever ha din a mainstream movie and it really proves that talented actors or actresses can portray a wide range of emotions and talents when given the chance to do so. His acting ability and his dancing ability were impressive. 
   
  I guess the shock for me was that i was confident that Jennifer Lawrence was going to be good but Bradley Cooper impressed me and perhaps that was my fault for assuming that he was not capable of creating a memorable on screen character with some real emotional depth. This performance has made me look at Bradley Cooper in a  completely new way. The chemistry between Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper was excellent in my opinion. I truly enjoyed their chemistry and loved every second that they were on screen together. The supporting cast was also great! This was just a genuinely moving story about two broken people who are able to find each other and fulfill a massive void in each others lives.    

     The characters do not undergo a major personality transformation they instead accept each other for who they are and that was my favorite thing about the film. These flawed characters embrace each other and they deserved to be together at the end. As a Hollywood romance movie I thought that this film was fresh and exciting. I loved how these characters were not the typical Hollywood stars who are usually cast in love stories. If i have to sit threw one more Channing Tatum, love story I may never recover. If you have not seen this film check it out and hopefully be delightfully surprised at what you experience.

3 comments:

  1. Did you notice in their dance scene, Jennifer Lawrence does a crawl on the floor emulating the adorable Olive from "Little Miss Sunshine"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not notice that good pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too enjoyed this film very much! Jennifer Lawrence did a great job, but to me Cooper stole the show. I couldn't agree more about seeing Cooper in a new light, even gaining more respect for him as an actor. Most people know Cooper as Phil from the Hangover series, but I was glad to see that he could step away from the comedic, hot-shot type of role and challenge himself to play a trouble individual. Also, you can never go wrong with a little Deniro! Overall, a very solid film that was definitely moving. I hope that upcoming romance films will try and emulate what Silver Linings Playbook did.

    - Matt Tighe

    ReplyDelete